If you prefer to give the gift of yourself, our programs include many individual and group opportunities:
Front Desk Assistant
For those who are willing to answer a multi-line phone four hours a week for at least three months. All volunteers at the front desk must be at least 18 years of age.
- Greet clients and visitors
- Answer phones
- Distribute mail
- Answer client inquiries
Shower Desk Volunteer
For those willing to provide a four-hour weekly or bi-weekly commitment for at least three months. All shower desk volunteers must be at least 16 years of age.
- Provide clients with towels and toiletries
Clothing Room Volunteer
All clothing room volunteers under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Sort, size and stock clothing donations for client use
- Keep toiletry items filled for client use
- Fold clean linens
For those who are organized self-starters. All organizers must be at least 16 years of age.
- Keep household donation area in order
- Create household boxes for newly housed clients
Client Computer Assistant
For those who have a basic understanding of computers. All computer assistants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Set up computers for clients to use when applying for jobs
- Help clients with technical problems
Groups can be from 4-20 people, ranging in age from 8-80 (or more!) Usually, groups help in the clothing room where they fold clean linens, organize and sort donations, and fill individual toiletries for clients showers. Groups may also wipe down sleeping mats, clean windows and help with general shelter cleanup. All groups must be scheduled by our Volunteer Coordinator.
- Lunch: provide and serve for approximately 250 shelter clients
- Snack: provide nutritious snacks for approximately 250 shelter clients
- Dinner: provide and serve for approximately 130 shelter clients
We ask all donors and volunteers to be helpful and not critical while serving.
Registered Nurse Volunteer
All registered nurse volunteers must be currently licensed and registered to practice with the Oklahoma State Board of Nursing.
- Triage medical and psychosocial client issues under the supervision or direction of a nurse practitioner or physician
- Document client dates in electronic medical records in accordance with agency policy
- Deliver age-appropriate care for the client population
Clinic Receptionist or Clinic Volunteer
All clinic receptionists and clinic volunteers must be at least 18 years of age.
- Provide a welcoming face to the organization while maintaining client confidentiality
- Tolerate contact with all different types of people
- Maintain a positive outlook as a member of team
Fill out and submit the volunteer application linked below. Once we receive the application, our Volunteer Coordinator will call you for an interview and schedule a tour. To discuss our current opportunities and needs, call our Volunteer Coordinator at (918) 583-5588.